Pin Me

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Favorite Fall Recipe


As Fall is one of my favorite times of year, it's also a time when I love to pull out the crock-pot and make a quick and easy comfort meal for my family.

Here is one of my favorite Fall recipes:

Turkey Crock pot Chili

1 lb of Lean Ground Turkey (I prefer Jenny-o)
2 cans of white chili beans (Drained)
1 medium white or yellow onion (chopped)
1 1/2 cloves of fresh chopped garlic
3 cups of Vegetable broth
1 shallot of green onions (chopped and set aside)
1/2 cup of sour cream for topping
1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese for topping
5 seasoning mix for chili - I like to pre-make this and set it in my cabinet in a sealed jar for future use.
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp of Mrs. Dash garlic seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder

Prepare and brown ground turkey, set aside. Add Chili Beans, online, garlic, chili mix, and broth to the crock-pot. Stir in ground turkey and cook on Low for 5-6 hours or on high for 4 hours.

Top off chili with green onion, sour cream and cheese and enjoy!

Again, this is my version of Turkey Chili and it can be made many different ways. Feel free to share your fav recipes with me as well!

That's all for now!
RB

No comments:

Post a Comment