Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Fall Bucket List
Today's challenge was to come up with a Fall bucket list. Although I didn't quite post everyday, I love that I was challenged to create a new blog post everyday about one of my favorite seasons.
So here's what I've come up with for my Fall Bucket list.
1. Visit a Pumpkin Patch - Every year around this time my 2 girls get so excited once they see a pumpkin in the store. Since I'm a California girl, I love visiting the pumpkin patch and actually picking out a pumpkin while sipping on some hot cider. I truly enjoy watching them pick out their pumpkins and carving them at home.
2. Go on a Fall nature walk - Living in Nevada we are very close to Mt. Charleston. Although I haven't been up there in a few months, I'd love to take the girl's on a nature walk so that they can have a change of scenery and enjoy the cooler temperatures as well.
3. Make a Pumpkin Pie - I've only attempted to make a pumpkin pie once in my life and let's just say it didn't turn out very well. LOL However, I have been a little baking bee lately and I'd love to attempt to make one again. My 7 year old is all for helping out in the kitchen so I may let her little hands assist me too. If it comes out well, I will share pictures with you all! :)
4. Make some gumbo - Now that the weather had started to cool down a bit, I'm looking forward to making more meals that will last a few days in our household. I've never made a gumbo from scratch before so I'm going to give it a go this season. Hopefully, it will turn out great! **Update** Gumbo was a success and the kiddies loved it! :)
5. Take a picture in a pile of leaves - Although Fall in Las Vegas begins towards the end of October, I love watching the leaves change color from green to a rusty orange and yellow shade.
6. Drink hot cider or hot chocolate by the fire.
7. #30daysofgrateful I've done this in the past and it really makes you reflect on what is most important in life and not so much on the negative aspects of life. I'm having my girls write a journal and do this as well.
What's on your Fall Bucket list? Feel free to share with me or tag me in your post! I love connecting with my fellow bloggers.
Until next time, stay warm in the chilly fall weather!